Microbiome of Plant System
C034 Plant Science
My research goal is to elucidate and exploit the multitrophic interactions among and between microbiome and the plant environment that influence the health and productivity of managed and natural systems, especially in response to environmental change. Areas of my research interest are broad and include (1) microbial ecology; (2) “omics” technologies; (3) plant-microbe-insect interactions; (4) predictive computational modeling; and (5) microbiome engineering. Research projects in my lab will address the assembly, fitness and roles of plant, insect, and soil-associated microbiomes; how these are influenced by various biotic and abiotic factors; and what are their consequences on plant productivity, agro- ecosystems sustainability, and local and global level ecological processes. By providing systems-level understanding of plant microbiomes the research will develop new computational tools and host/microbiome models that enable plant breeders and plant ecologists to predict beneficial interactions to achieve improved yields and plant resilience in changing environments.
- Trivedi P, C Trivedi, J Grinyer, IC Anderson, BK Singh. 2016. Harnessing host-vector microbiome for sustainable plant disease management of phloem-limited bacteria. Frontiers in Plant Science http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2016.01423.
- Singh BK and P Trivedi. 2016. Microbiome and the future for food and nutrient security. Microbial Biotechnology, In Press
- Trivedi P, M Delgado-Baquerizo, TC Jeffries, H Hu, IC Anderson, J Zhou, BK Singh. 2016.. Microbial regulation of carbon cycle: evidence from gene-enzyme relationship. The ISME Journal, 10:2593-2604.
- Trivedi P, M Delgado-Baquerizo, IC Anderson, BK Singh. 2016. Response of soil properties and microbial communities to agriculture: Implications for primary productivity and soil health indicators. Frontiers in Plant Science. http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2016.00990.
- Delgado-Baquerizo M, F Maestre, P Reich, P Trivedi, Y Osanai, Y Liu, K Hammonts, TC Jefferies, BK Singh. 2016. Soil bacterial diversity follows opposite patterns in Northern and Southern Hemispheres. Ecological Monographs, 86:373-390.
- Liu Y-R, M Delgado-Baquerizo, P Trivedi, J-Z He, BK Singh. 2016. Species identity of biocrust-forming lichens drives the response of soil nitrogen cycle to altered precipitation frequency and nitrogen amendment. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 96:128-136.
- Li J, P Trivedi, N Wang. 2016. Field evaluation of plant defense inducers for the control of citrus Huanglongbing. Phytopathology, 106:31-46.
- Hu HW, CA Macdonald, P Trivedi, B Holmes, L Bodrossy, JZ, BK Singh. 2016. Effects of climate warming and elevated CO2 on autotrophic nitrification and nitrifiers in dryland ecosystems. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 92:1-15.
- Trivedi P, R Rochester, C Trivedi, IC Anderson, BK Singh. 2015. Soil aggregate size mediates the impacts of cropping regimes on soil carbon and microbial communities. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 91:169-181.
- Hu HW, CA Macdonald, P Trivedi, B Holmes, L Bodrossy, JZ, BK Singh. 2015. Water addition regulates the metabolic activity of ammonia oxidizers responding to environmental perturbations in dry subhumid ecosystems.Environmental Microbiology, 2:444-461.
- Trivedi P, and N Wang. 2014. Host immune responses accelerate pathogen evolution.The ISME Journal, 8:727-731.
- Trivedi P, IC Anderson, BK Singh. 2013. Microbial modulators of soil carbon storage: integrating genomic and metabolic knowledge for global prediction.Trends in Microbiology, 21:641-651.
- Wang N, and P Trivedi. 2013. Citrus Huanglongbing: a newly relevant disease presents unprecedented challenges. Phytopathology, 103:652-665.
- Akula N, P Trivedi, FQ Han, N Wang 2012. Identification of small molecule inhibitors against SecA of Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus by structure based design. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 54:919-924.
- Trivedi P, Z He, JD Van Nostrand, J Zhou, G Albrigo, N Wang. 2011. Huanglongbing alters the structure and functional diversity of microbial communities associated with citrus rhizosphere. The ISME Journal, 6:363-383.
- Trivedi P, TM Spann, N Wang. 2011. Isolation and characterization of beneficial bacteria associated with citrus roots in Florida. Microbial Ecology, 62:324-336.
- Trivedi P, YP Duan, N Wang. 2010. Huanglongbing, a systemic disease, restructures the bacterial community associated with citrus roots. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 76(11):3427-3436.
- Islam R, P Trivedi, MM Madhaiyan, S Seshadri, G Lee, J Yang, Y Kim, M Kim, G Han, PS Chauhan, TM Sa. 2011. Enumeration, isolation and characterization of diazotrophic bacteria from paddy fields grown under long-term fertilizer management practices. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 46:261-269.
- Kim K, W Yim, P Trivedi, MM Madhaiyan, HPD Boruah., Md. R Islam, G Lee, TM Sa. 2010. Synergistic effects of inoculating arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and Methylobacterium oryzae strains on growth and nutrient uptake of red pepper (Capsicum annuum). Plant and Soil, 327:429-440.
- Sagaram US, KM DeAngelis, P Trivedi, GL Andersen, S Lu, N Wang. 2009. Bacterial diversity analysis of HLB pathogen-infected citrus using PhyloChips and 16S rDNA clone library sequencing. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 75(6):1566-1574.
- Trivedi P, US Sagaram, JS Kim, RH Brlansky, ME Rogers, LL Stelinski, C Oswalt, N Wang. 2009. Quantification of viable Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus in hosts using quantitative PCR with the aid of ethidium monoazide (EMA). European Journal of Plant Pathology, 124(4):553-563.
- Trivedi P, A Pandey, LMS. Palni. 2008. In vitro evaluation of antagonistic properties of Pseudomonas corrugata. Microbiological Research, 163:329-336.
- Trivedi P and TM Sa. 2008. Pseudomonas corrugata (NRRL B-30409) mutants increased phosphate solubilization, organic acid production and plant growth at lower temperatures. Current Microbiology, 56(2):140-144.
- Trivedi P and A Pandey. 2008. Recovery of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria from sodium alginate beads after three years following storage at 4 ºC. Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology, 35:205-209.
- Trivedi P and A Pandey. 2007. Application of immobilized cells of Pseudomonas putida to solubilize insoluble phosphate in broth and soil conditions. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Sciences, 170:629-631.
- Kumar B, P Trivedi, A Pandey 2007. Pseudomonas corrugata: A suitable bioinoculant for maize grown under rainfed conditions of Himalayan region. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 39:3093-3100.